Real Madrid have confirmed they will re-sign striker Alvaro Morata from Juventus this summer.
Morata left Real for Juventus in 2014 but the Spanish giants have now decided to exercise a clause in his contract to bring the 23-year-old back to the Bernabeu.
A club statement read: “Real Madrid have informed Juventus of their decision to recover the federative rights on the player Alvaro Morata, who will join up with the first team for pre-season training under the orders of Zinedine Zidane.”
The fee for Morata has not been announced but reports in Spain suggest it is in the region of 30million euros (£23million).
It remains to be seen if Morata will remain with the Champions League winners for next season or if he will be sold on for a profit, with a number of English clubs said to be interested.
Juve general director Giuseppe Marotta had earlier revealed the striker, who has started both of Spain’s matches in Euro 2016 so far and scored twice in Friday’s 3-0 win against Turkey, would be heading back to his homeland.
“Real Madrid will exercise their right to repurchase,” Marotta said in quotes posted on Marca.
“We expect their offer in writing in the coming day, then we’ll see, but the number of possibilities that remain are few, and we will try to replace him with an equally-good player.”