A UK border that WORKS: Europeans to provide proof of job and English before moving to UK

“If they cannot prove they have a skilled job and can speak the language then their application will not progress any further.”

People from the European Economic Area and Switzerland can currently live permanently in Britain under a registration certificate if they have lived here for fewer than five years, or a permanent residence document for those who have been here for longer.

But no documentation is currently needed if the applicant is classed as a “qualified person” who is working, studying, self-employed, self-sufficient or looking for work.

Their family members do not need to provide any paperwork.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *